The home policy on “Therapeutic Activities” takes into account the clients interests, skills and medical condition. The home offers a wide range of activities designed to encourage the client to keep mobile and most importantly take an interest in life.
Staff encourage and help clients to pursue their hobbies and interests.
Amongst the staff employed at Thornlea, there is a resident Activities Coordinator.
Clients can play the following games using the equipment that is designed for fading sight (when needed):
· Ball games feet or hand
Activities with the staff include:
· Chatting to Individual Residents
· Going for walks
· Playing games, quizzes, etc
· Armchair exercises
· Reading letters/magazines/newspapers
· Helping to choose Library books
· Music and sing-a-longs
· Maintain life-long hobbies, crossword puzzles, jigsaws, etc
In addition Thornlea regularly has entertainers visiting the Home.
Outings - All outings are geared to clients' needs and capabilities. Examples of outings are listed below:
· A visit to a local tourist attraction
· A shopping trip or walk around the local parks and gardens
· A visit to a pantomime, theatre show or play